Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fredericton Friends of the Railway in the News

I was quoted extensively in this article. I spoke at length with Ms. McLaughlin and I believe she quoted me correctly.

We need to work on uncovering:
  • A potential owner for the station
  • Funding options from all levels of government
  • Private donors and fundraising


The will to do something about the station is there. It's clear that the people of Fredericton would like to see their old station restored to its former glory. We need to take that will and turn it into action.

If anyone wants to contact me to talk about the station, you can do so via email at steve@theboykos.com, or by phone at 455-9792.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 24, 2008 at 12:26 PM , Blogger dialysissy said...

We are hoping the Station will be near restoration by November 2009, because we want to use it as a location for an event.

 
At September 24, 2008 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Canadian Train Geek said...

I hope so too. Please contact me at steve@theboykos.com. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home